Finding the 12-word Recovery Phrase for your existing Enjin Wallet is simple.
Note: You will need your wallet password to back up your wallet.
There are multiple ways to back up your wallets. Let's start with the simplest method.
Backing up from Enjin Wallet's main screen page.
1. Go to Wallet or NFT tab.
2. From your list of wallets, tap the 3-dot option beside the wallet name you intend to back up.
3. Click the Back Up option and proceed the identity verification by entering your password or using your fingerprint.
4. You will then be shown your seed phrases that you must write down correctly and in order, click Done once completed.
You may also opt to back up your wallets from your wallet Settings.
1. Tap on the Wallet tab in the bottom left corner and then click on the Settings button (⚙️ gear icon).
2. Select Wallets from the menu.
3. Locate and tap the wallet that you wish to back up.
4. Tap the Backup button and proceed the identity verification by entering your password or using your fingerprint.
5. You will then be shown your seed phrases that you must write down correctly and in order, click Done once completed.
For security reasons, we strongly advise writing down your seed/recovery phrase on paper and storing it somewhere safe.
To avoid having your wallet compromised, you should never save your recovery phrase on an electronic device and never provide your recovery phrase to anyone!
Check and recheck to see if you correctly copied the 12-word seed phrase.
If you ever need to reimport your wallet, you must enter your recovery phrase. If you type even one wrong character or a word that is not in the correct order, it will generate a new wallet instead of importing your old one.